We are Computer Law Training
THE Specialists in Data Protection/GDPR Advice, Consultancy and Training
- Have you done anything yet about the GDPR? – contact us so that we can help you prepare a prioritised action plan.
- Have you got it right? – contact us so that we can carry out a gap analysis and advise you on compliance.
- Are you worried about marketing and PECR? – contact us so that you get it right.
The most important asset of any business – your business – is information and personal data. Personal data can include: client details, client lists, contact lists, employee details and supplier details. This must be handled correctly, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and related legislation. It needs to be safe and secure as loss of it could seriously affect your data subjects, your day-to-day activities and damage your organisational reputation.
Data protection compliance is about treating people’s personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner as well as building client trust and confidence. This avoids problems with the regulator (ICO) and possibly the courts. Failure to be compliant with the appropriate legislation may lead to your company being challenged in court and/or fined by the ICO. Data protection training for all staff is an essential component of compliance strategy and is a great way to demonstrate your accountability (which is required by the GDPR). The most significant laws in recent years relating to personal data are the DPA and the GDPR which were enforced from 25 May 2018. Both require major changes to the way your company or organisation processes personal data and will introduce massive penalties in the event of either a data breach or a failure to comply with the regulation.
If you do direct marketing it is likely that you will also need to worry about the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
- If you have been avoiding thinking about data protection, now really is the time to start putting personal data audits, policies, procedures, processes and training in place.
- We take the stress out of your data protection compliance.
Why Use Us? >> Contact Us >>