It’s important the journalists and photographers understand the implications of data protection legislation for their work. The GDPR sets the basic framework of relevant law and the Data Protection Act 2018 provides exemptions for journalistic purposes. This one hour course, which assumes a basic knowledge of data protection, explains your obligations and the exemptions which are available.
Note: as the exemptions covered by this course are under the Data Protection act 2018, the course may not be appropriate for you if you do not work within the United Kingdom.
- lasts one hour
- can be taken sitting at your desk (or anywhere you can connect to the Internet) – no travelling needed.
- is limited to a maximum of 8 attendees
- allows questions to be asked
- assumes a basic knowledge of data protection
- uses the ‘Google Meet’ platform
- is priced at only £50+VAT
Topics covered include:
- The obligations under the GDPR
- The exemptions provided by the DPA 2018
- What are the risks?