5 Day Course Delivered Over 3 Weeks – live, online.
This course is the training programme for Data Protection Officers, Data Protection Managers, Compliance Managers or anyone with a responsibility for Data Protection. The Data Protection (GDPR) Practitioner Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification, endorsed by TQUK, which is regulated by Ofqual, a UK Government department. It equips current and aspiring data protection officers and data protection managers with knowledge and skills to undertake data protection compliance activities throughout an organisation. It is a valuable course for anybody with data protection compliance responsibilities.
We are now offering the course over 5 days in 3 consecutive weeks: Tuesday, Thursday, Tuesday, Thursday, Tuesday. We’ve found that this enables attendees to fit their work commitments around the course. It also gives you time to review, learn and question the course material.
The course is delivered live, online, using Zoom. Please check our course availability page for dates and prices.
Click on the image below to download a full 2 page e-brochure for more details
- Understand the importance of data protection legislation and compliance in the UK
- Interpret key terminology of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) in a practical context
- Understand the key obligations of the UK GDPR and DPA
- Create policies and procedures necessary for data protection compliance and accountability
- Carry out a data protection audit and gap analysis
- Develop an action plan to address a data protection gap analysis
- Respond appropriately to data protection issues arising in an organisation
- Carry out the duties of a data protection officer
The course will comprise of lectures, discussion and practical exercises. The exam will comprise of MCQ. The course content has been assessed as RQF Level Equivalent = 5 and is endorsed by TQUK Ltd.
*TQUK is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
Why this course is different:
- Examines all aspects of UK GDPR in detail, together with relevant aspects of the DPA 2018 and the PECR 2003;
- Teaches essential DPO skills including: Data Protection Impact Assessments and Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Comprehensive learning materials designed to help delegates during the course and in their job;
- Modern and practical assessment methods – delivered in a friendly and ‘un-stuffy’ way.
- 5 days of interactive training with a ‘friendly’ GDPR/DPA specialist
- Certificate* issued by TQUK
- Digital copies of slides and notes
- Digital copies of other supporting documentation
* subject to successfully passing examination at the end of the course
“Tim Musson met the challenges of teaching through Zoom sessions with warmth and enthusiasm. If anything – to my surprise – the Zoom element probably increased the focus of my attention, helped crystallise the subject matter and enhanced the effectiveness of the seminars. Tim’s knowledge of his subject is comprehensive. His approach to teaching is personal, reassuring and highly engaging, which is an infectious and appealing combination. Highly recommended.”
Paul McGowan, Solicitor, Sole Practitioner, Glasgow and East Renfrewshire.