Managing DPA / GDPR compliance is hard. Have you got the time or the knowledge?
Managing your own Data Protection compliance requires a great deal of specialised knowledge and a substantial amount of time. Reading all the relevant information on the Information Commissioner’s Office website is almost a full time job in itself. (And you have your own ‘day job’ of course!)
We can help you with this, whether it is for a one-off project or on an ongoing basis. For small and medium sized businesses this is likely to be a much more cost-effective approach than sourcing a full-time employee. Some of our clients only require a single consultation in order to check their plans for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the DPA. Other clients need, more, regular guidance on their progress toward their compliance.
It is essential to monitor changes to legislation and the impact these have on business procedures. We always advise clients to go beyond compliance to best practice; invariably best practice becomes legal compliance. Companies are still getting it wrong!
How we help you with Data Protection compliance …
Data Protection Policy / Privacy Notices
We can help you create a Data Protection Policy or a Privacy Notice that is adapted to your needs and the way you do things. This will explain how you comply with Data Protection legislation and best practice. It will be invaluable to staff and can be used to reassure clients. This should be written by you – with guidance from us – this way you take ownership of it, it will fit in with your way of working and it will not be an expensive outlay for you or your business. We can also help you with Data Protection Training.
Our Data Protection Consultancy can help you with;
- Subject Access Requests (SARs)
- Outsourcing of Data Processing
- Privacy Notices (Privacy Policies)
- Violent Warning Registers
- Direct Marketing
- Information Security Policy
- Data Breach Management
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- And…. much, much more.
We can bring our training to you, the benefits in doing this are:
- Convenient – Programmes can be presented at the location of your choice, at a time that is suitable for all your participants. This also means less time out of the office!
- Confidential – Your opportunity to openly discuss real issues in order to produce real and applicable solutions with our training team.
- Tailored – Programmes designed to meet the specific requirements of your company or organisation. We can design a programme for you and ensure the content is specific to your sector or needs
- Team Work – Greater interaction and enhanced learning experience.
- Cost Savings – The costs to your organisation are considerably less than sending a large number of participants to a course held in a hotel or conference centre.
We’re only a ‘click’, call or e-mail away – so get in touch – to find out more about our data protection consultancy services.
If you would like an informal, no-obligation chat about the Data Protection training I can provide, please book a time on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday and I would be delighted to explore possibilities.