A half day course….
Considering how often it is used as an excuse for refusing to divulge information, data protection is remarkably misunderstood. This half day data protection course will give an introduction to legislation and compliance, dispel some of the myths, give relevant updates and include some cross-referencing to the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
This almost becomes a lesson in ‘gdpr for dummies’ – it is so straight forward, delivered in a ‘down-to-earth’ way and not at all complicated. Delegates WILL have clearer insight afterwards and although may have some hard work to do within their own organisation, they will be prepared enough not to be scared !!
- Relevant definitions
- The data protection principles
- Data subject rights
- Subject access requests
- The role of the Information Commissioner
- Basic tips on compliance
- Data protection as risk management
- Further Help
• Know the principle terms defined in the Data Protection Act 2018
• Understand the main aims of data protection legislation and how these are fulfilled by the data protection principles
• Be aware of penalties under the Data Protection Act 2018
• Identify actions needed to comply with data protection legislation
This Data Protection training is normally delivered in central Scotland, but can be delivered elsewhere in the UK, either in-house at your premises, or, subject to bookings, a ‘City Central’ venue. With “half day” training, costs are fixed when it is provided locally, but, subject to bookings, the price can vary according to locality / travel arrangements and number of delegates – if you have any queries on this – give us a call, we’re happy to help.
Alternatively, if you are looking for something more ‘in-depth’ – take a look at our certified training;
We are also in the process of having some other courses ‘certified’ and some of our training delivered online to save anyone their time and travel etc. – the training can be undertaken from the comfort of your office….further details to be published….
We’re only a ‘click’, call or e-mail away – so get in touch.