This course will give a basic understanding of the main concepts, obligations and rights specified by the GDPR. It will give enough knowledge for attendees to be able to follow our other, more specialist, live online courses. It will also give a good background for anyone considering our Data Protection (GDPR) Practitioner Certificate.
At Computer Law Training we have extensive experience of delivering data protection training at all levels. This has enabled us to distil the absolute essentials into a three and a half hour course for attendees with little or no knowledge of this rapidly developing subject.
Course numbers are limited to 12 and delivery will be through the Zoom platform. Attendees will be expected to use a webcam. Together with Zoom’s chat facility this will allow interaction with the trainer.
- lasts 3.5 hours
- can be taken sitting at your desk (or anywhere you can connect to the Internet) – no travelling needed.
- is limited to a maximum of 12 attendees
- allows questions to be asked
- assumes no knowledge of data protection
- uses the Zoom platform
- is priced at only £110+VAT
- Course Tutor: Tim Musson
The course focuses on the UK GDPR and touches on the Data Protection Act 2018 and has been updated to take account of any changes since the UK left the EU.
The main points of the legislation will be covered, in a practical context with lots of examples
Topics covered include:
- What is data protection about?
- Basic Definitions
- Data Protection Principles
- Data Subject Rights – in particular Right of Access
- Personal Data Breach and Reporting
- International Transfers
- Documentation and Accountability
- What are the main risks?
For available dates and booking click here.