Could your reputation weather the storm?
With training, on balance, it can!
Now there is increased regulatory activity and growing public awareness and concern, no organisation can afford to ignore data protection. Compliance, preferably best practice, avoids problems with the regulator, preserves reputation and develops client confidence.
This course is designed to be of value to Lawyers, H.R. managers, IT managers, Company Secretaries and others who have responsibility for the handling of personal data. It will give an overview of the Data Protection Act 2018 and those parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) relating to direct marketing. It will then discuss selected topics in further detail, including subject access requests, cloud computing, the Employment Code of Practice, data sharing and compliance with the GDPR.
• To demonstrate an understanding of the major definitions, principles, obligations and rights of the Data Protection Act 2018
• To understand the enforcement actions which may be taken by the Information Commissioner
• To understand the criteria for imposing Civil Monetary Penalties and to be aware of recent examples
• To appreciate the issues relating to cross-border transfers of personal data and apply this knowledge
• To be aware of the constraints on direct marketing activities and how these may be addressed
• To understand the principal data protection issues, including cloud computing, employment/HR and mergers, acquisition & disposals
• To be aware of the latest developments in the European Union Data Protection Regulation and the implications for compliance
• To recognise and process a subject access request
Training hours can be accredited as CPD for professional bodies whose members are required to accrue a stipulated number during the year. This course will satisfy the requirements of most professional bodies for six hours of verifiable CPD. Attendance certificates will be available on request. All courses have clear learning outcomes. Some have been endorsed by Training Qualifications UK and certificates are awarded subject to passing an examination. Other courses have certificates of attendance issued that can be used to demonstrate elements of accountability.Why Use Us? >> Contact Us >>