Usually with ‘small’ budgets and potentially ‘big’ issues..
We offer a range of data protection services for charities and the third sector;
- Victim Support Groups
- Family Care & Support
- Housing Associations
- Community Projects
- Drop In Centres
- Mental Health Support Groups
- Grant Organisations
- Education and additional learning Groups
- Elderly and ‘Senior Citizen’ Support
- Students Associations
- Farming and Rural Associations and Groups
- Arts and Media Groups
Organisations and practitioners in these sectors can, typically, handle very sensitive data about clients, some of whom, that may be in a vulnerable position, place or state of mind. It is essential that this data is handled sensitively, ethically and legally. Failure to do this could cause considerable damage to individuals, organisations and result in enforcement action being taken by the Information Commissioner.
Computer Law Training are preferred suppliers to SCVO and undertake various training for the Third Sector at SCVO premises in both Edinburgh and Glasgow. However, we have also provided a range of training and assistance to Third Sector Organisations at their own premises if it has been more cost-effective and strategically effect to do this.
SCVO have said:
“Computer Law Training delivers an ‘Introduction to data protection and GDPR’ course for us as part of the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisation’s training programme. They have worked closely with us to develop a course programme that is tailored for charities and third sector organisations and covers the basic principles of GDPR. It gives delegates the knowledge they need to work towards compliance within their own organisation. The feedback we have received has been positive and delegates have appreciated Computer Law Training’s ability to give helpful examples and make a complex issue easier to understand.”
Helen Swatton, Events and Training Coordinator, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations.
We can help with:
- staff training
- retention schedules
- ascertaining legal bases for processing
- encrypted email
- system security
- breach registry and reporting
- encryption of portable devices[/one_half]
- data sharing
- data protection policies
- privacy notices
- subject access requests
- physical security
- CCTV surveillance
Do charities ever get it wrong? – You bet they do!
We can help with all of the above, starting with a chat to determine your needs. We are aware that this sector is not generally well funded and can keep costs to a minimum by offering discounted rates, holding all or most meetings online and, on occasion, sharing training for groups within the same building etc.
Some of our clients only require a single consultation in order to check their plans for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the DPA. Other clients need, more, regular guidance on their progress toward their compliance.
We can bring our training to you, the benefits in doing this are:
- Convenient – Programmes can be presented at the location of your choice, at a time that is suitable for all your participants. This also means less time out of the office!
- Confidential – Your opportunity to openly discuss real issues in order to produce real and applicable solutions with our training team.
- Tailored – Programmes designed to meet the specific requirements of your company or organisation. We can design a programme for you and ensure the content is specific to your sector or needs
- Team Work – Greater interaction and enhanced learning experience.
- Cost Savings – The costs to your organisation are considerably less than sending a large number of participants to a course held in a hotel or conference centre.
We’re only a ‘click’, call or e-mail away – so get in touch.