GDPR preparation Workshop – for small businesses / charities etc.
We are running a series of one day workshops to support small businesses, organisations and charities in their preparations for the GDPR. In the morning, we present an overview of the GDPR and its requirements. In the afternoon we provide guided workshops (including template documents) supporting delegates in preparing their respective organisations for the GDPR.
The workshop is for attendees with little or very basic knowledge of the GDPR and the impact the regulation will have on their organisation. The intended outcome of the workshop is for the attendee to have a clearer understanding of the impact, tools, templates and knowledge to better navigate the path to GDPR compliance.
** This workshop can also be provided at YOUR premises with a maximum of 25 delegates per workshop. Price on application to include travel / time etc. – contact us – to find out more **
GDPR Workshop Schedule
- Introduction to the GDPR
- Background to the GDPR
- Definitions and basic principles
- Transparency and consent
- Data subject rights
- Security issues and data breaches
- International transfers and the cloud
- Data sharing – joint controllers and processors
- Accountability / documentation requirements
- Data protection audit
- Personal data audit
- Purposes of processing
- Legal basis of processing
- Privacy notices
- Policy preparation
- Procedure preparation
- Contracts and agreements
GDPR Workshop Dates
The workshops will be run in our comfortable lecture theatre in our Livingston based office on the following dates:
- Wednesday 24 April 2019
- Tuesday 28 May 2019
Other dates can be arranged for organisations, businesses or charities subject to dates requested and number of attendees required if the planned dates above don’t fit with attendees diaries.
GDPR Workshop Pricing
The workshops are competitively priced at just £205.00 + VAT per person, although a £25.00 discount will be offered to attendees from the third sector who provide their registered charity number at point of booking. Refreshments and a buffet lunch will also be included within the price*.
GDPR Workshop Location
Our GDPR workshops will be delivered at our office in Livingston, West Lothian. Our offices are located a short 2 minute walk from Livingston North train station, allowing for easy access from both Edinburgh and Glasgow. Parking is also available.
Our Address: Suite 22, Delta House, Carmondean Centre South, Livingston, EH54 8PT
We can provide attendees with further support if needed, including training for front line staff and end user security awareness. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information or training.
We can bring our training to you, the benefits in doing this are:
- Convenient – Programmes can be presented at the location of your choice, at a time that is suitable for all your participants. This also means less time out of the office!
- Confidential – Your opportunity to openly discuss real issues in order to produce real and applicable solutions with our training team.
- Tailored – Programmes designed to meet the specific requirements of your company or organisation. We can design a programme for you and ensure the content is specific to your sector or needs
- Team Work – Greater interaction and enhanced learning experience.
- Cost Savings – The costs to your organisation are considerably less than sending a large number of participants to a course held in a hotel or conference centre.
We’re only a ‘click’, call or e-mail away – so get in touch.
*Any allergies or alternative dietary requirements must be notified at least 1 x week in advance of attendance.