On request, we are running the Data Protection (GDPR) Practitioner Certificate in Central Scotland from the 8th – 12th July 2019. Venue tbc, either Livingston or central Edinburgh. A few places are still available.
This 5 day course will give an in-depth understanding of current data protection law in the UK, covering the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
The course will be delivered by Tim Musson, who has been working in data protection since 2010.
It will consider what the law says and means, with numerous real-world examples and case studies based on our experience of supporting organisations of all types and sizes. In order to obtain the certificate you will be required to pass the exam on the last day. The certificate is endorsed by TQUK.
The training programme for Data Protection Officers, Data Protection Managers, Compliance Managers or anyone with a responsibility for Data Protection.
The Data Protection (GDPR) Practitioner Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification, endorsed by TQUK, which is regulated by OFQUAL, a UK Government department. It equips current and aspiring data protection officers and data protection managers with knowledge and skills to undertake data protection compliance activities throughout an organisation. It is a valuable course for anyone with data protection compliance responsibilities.
- Understand the importance of data protection legislation and legislation and compliance in the EU
- Interpret key terminology of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) in a practical context
- Understand the key obligations of the GDPR and DPA
- Create policies and procedures necessary for data protection compliance and accountability
- Carry out a data protection audit and gap analysis
- Develop an action plan to address a data protection gap analysis
- Respond appropriately to data protection issues arising within the organisation
- Carry out the duties of a data protection officer
The course will take place over four and a half days with an exam in the afternoon of the 5th day. It will comprise of lectures, discussion and practical exercises.
The exam will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions.
The course content has been assessed as QCF Level 5 (approximately HND level).
|Data Protection – history and background;
• Scope (material and territorial)
• Data Protection Principles
• Data Subject Rights
• Information Security
• Data Protection by design & by default
• Data Protection Officers
What is personal data?
• Essential Definitions
• Data Processors
• Breach Reporting / Recording
• Data Protection Impact Assessments
• Restricted (International) Transfers
Purposes & Legal Bases
Special Categories of Personal Data
Data Subject Rights
• Management Issues
| Transparency Requirements
Data Processors and Controllers;
• Processors and Contracts
• Joint Controllers and Agreements
Information Security Obligations
Breach Reporting and Recording
Data Protection and Direct Marketing;
Data Protection Officers;
• Who needs one?
• Who can do it?
• What do they do?
The Personal Data Audit & Record of Processing
The “Accountability Portfolio”
| Data Protection by Design & by Default;
• Data Protection Impact Assessments
• Codes of Conduct
• Staff Training
• Practical Considerations
The Data Protection Act 2018 (Part 1);
|Data Protection Act 2018 (Part 2);
Data Protection Governance
| Data Protection Audit
|The ICO and Enforcement
| The European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
Price £1,660.00 + VAT
Any questions? Please get in touch or call us on 01506 324468.
Or BOOK NOW:
See our course booking terms and conditions
See a full list of courses at other locations.