Considering how often it is used as an excuse for refusing to divulge information, data protection is remarkably misunderstood. This half day data protection course will give an introduction to legislation and compliance, including:
• Relevant definitions
• The 8 data protection principles
• Data subject rights
• Subject access requests
• The role of the Information Commissioner
• Basic tips on compliance
• Data protection as risk management
• Know the principle terms defined in the Data Protection Act 1998
• Understand the main aims of data protection legislation and how these are fulfilled by the data protection principles
• Be aware of penalties under the Data Protection Act 1998
• Identify actions needed to comply with data protection legislation
This course will satisfy the requirements of most professional bodies for three hours of verifiable CPD. Attendance certificates will be available on request.
This Data Protection training is normally delivered in central Scotland, but can also be delivered elsewhere in the UK, in-house and as live, interactive online training. The online training option can be very cost-effective for many organisations.